Resolving a Petition For Partition in the Massachusetts Land Court

The parties can avoid the necessity of appointing a partition commissioner.  It may be possible to reach a fair resolution.  A good agreement may include a provision whereby the parties agree to jointly retain a certain broker to market and sell the property.  The agreement may specify that each owner shall be responsible for the broker’s fees and expenses in proportion to his or her ownership interest. 

Filing a Motion to Dismiss in Massachusetts

Someone has filed a lawsuit against you in a Massachusetts court.  You are served with a summons and complaint. You should call an experienced Massachusetts litigation attorney immediately to discuss how best to defend against the claims. You intend to defend vigorously against the plaintiff’s case.  Filing a motion to dismiss may be appropriate.  IfContinue reading Filing a Motion to Dismiss in Massachusetts